Hampayeh is one of the leading companies in the construction industry nationwide. The nature of construction work is dangerous. Subsequently, professionals in this field are exposed to risk and injury more than in any other occupation. Hampayeh believes that manpower is its most valuable investment and is looking to reduce risk and injury rates to a minimum through preventative measures and by providing a safe and healthy working environment. Our policy is to place the health and safety of our colleagues, and all those who may be influenced by our activities, as the first priority of our management system.
Furthermore, our managers and employees have made it their mission to protect the environment in order to achieve sustainable development, and have focused all their efforts on reducing environmental impact with the optimal use of natural resources.
In order to achieve the above, our objectives are as follows:
- To minimise the frequency and severity rates of workplace accidents for our employees and the workforce of contractors involved in the projects.
- To minimise impact on the environment and the use of natural resources within the framework of the projects.
- To promote HSE awareness among all company employees and other stakeholders within the framework of the projects.
- To comply with and implement all national rules and regulations and client’s requirements with regard to health and safety in the projects.
- To create a free forum for consulting, participating, and debating issues in order to assess, plan, and execute best HSE practices and improve the HSE management system in our projects and company offices.
- To improve the image of the construction industry in society through considerate practices and enhancing the professional appearance of workers, respecting the community, protecting the environment, securing safety for all, and respecting the workforce.
It is evident that strengthening and promoting HSE awareness requires the dedication, commitment, involvement, and participation of all company employees and subcontractors. Therefore, I call on all my colleagues at all organisational levels in the company to lay the grounds for achieving excellence in HSE for themselves and others by participating in this scheme. To establish the HSE scheme, we are using the Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSAS 18001:2007) and the Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001:2004) as our guidelines. This policy will be reviewed on an annual basis.